Hello, my fellow Spirals!
December went by in a such hurry and I am definitely upset about it. However, I am glad it gave me time to spend with my family and make it memorable. Sadly, spending time with family meant less reading for me this month. I was also in a sort of reading slump where I just wasn’t into any book that I was reading. I also wasn’t super excited to pick up a book to read either. I think part of the reason is because I faced reading burnout. I mean, c’mon 106 books in one year is not normal at all.
BUT, I posted a ton this month and really improved my reach as well which I am super proud about! I actually had so much fun brining new content to you guys and will definitely bring more in the future.
Now, let’s get into it!
Book Tags I Did
Recommendations I Did
- Blue or White? | Winter Recommendations
- 8 Short Books to Crush Your Reading Challenge
- Bookish Christmas Gifts Ideas
Books I Read
- An Absolutely Remarkable Thing (Hank Green) – ⭐⭐
- The Kite Runner (Khaled Hosseini) – ⭐⭐⭐⭐🌟
- The Code Book (Simon Singh) – N/A
- Avatar: The Last Airbender – Suki, Alone – N/A
- Christmas in the Scottish Highlands (Donna Ashcroft) – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The House in the Cerulean Sea ( TJ Klune) – ⭐⭐⭐⭐🌗
- The Passengers (John Marrs) – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Favorite Book of the Month
I suppose my favorite of the months has to be The House in the Cerulean Sea. I feel like without explanation everyone would know why I picked this. To me this book was everything I wanted and needed when I picked it up. It made me laugh out loud and think differently as well. I am not picking The Kite Runner because it is my 4th re-read so it kinda seems unfair.
Least Favorite Book of the Month
An Absolutely Remarkable Thing. While reading this book I definitely enjoyed it and it was super quirky and intriguing. But towards the end I was really disappointed. I feel like a lot of my answers went unanswered and the main character was seriously so unlikeable.
#Books Read: 7
#Pages Read: 2,258
Average Rating: 3.9
Most Read Genre: Sci-Fi